Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

                                                                                                                                                                   return to latest news  


The midweek Munro Cup team endured a disappointing eight days, as any hopes they had of competing at the top end of the league table were effectively ended with two further defeats.

On Wednesday 1st July they entertained an unbeaten Penarth Windsor team who topped the table, and despite three rinks being closely fought they eventually fell to a 57-67 defeat. Paul Marks picked up two points with a 13-10 win, whilst Gerry White's rink fought back well against Dinas old boy Matthew Woodcock, picking up four shots on the last two ends to add a further point in a 13-13 draw.

Matthew Gershenson went into the last end tied, but unfortunately they dropped a three to lose out narrowly, but sadly the match was decided as Ritchie Janes lost out by 10 shots to Ken McLeod's four.


G.Leach, J.Follon, J.Ackland, P.Marks  (13-10)                                          J.Coles, B.Harris, C.Bates, G.White  (13-13)                                   M.Seaford, K.Bull, T.Hurcom, M.Gershenson  (17-20)                                A.Locker, P.Hanley, M.Edwards, R.Janes  (14-24)


On Wednesday 8th July the team visited Sully, hoping to get back to winning ways, only to again be disappointed as they returned with the same result of three points from a rink win, a draw and two defeats. On this occasion it was Matthew Gershenson's four who delivered the rink win, with Hector Lamont having a fine outing at second, they were able to the very wily Dennis Edwards by 22-9. Alun Jones rink meanwhile got off to a flying start and at one stage lead by seven shots, with young Ben Harris at second gaining invaluable experience. Unfortunately they had a disastrous last end, dropping a four to tie their rink 21-21.

Sadly the remaining two rinks were unable to rise to the home teams challenge with Neil Giles going down by nine shots, 13-22, having been only one shot adrift at the half way stage, and Chris Bates rink having a torrid and forgettable evening as they slumped to a 11-27 trouncing. Overall score 67-79 defeat.


P.Hanley, H.Lamont, T.Hurcom, M.Gershenson  (22-9)                                   D.James, R.Fear, M.Seaford, N.Giles  (13-22)                            G.White, B.Harris, D.Ireland, A.Jones  (21-21)                                                 T.Gittins, R.Diment, A.Locker, C.Bates  (11-27)